Successful companies and organisations are those that recognise, anticipate and respond to change. Understanding the dynamics in a global marketplace, strategic planning to address those dynamics and building flexibility and resilience in the supply chain are keys to that success. It is necessary to examine upcoming future trends that may impact businesses. Supply chain management spans the movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption. Supply chains are available component of all business planning, and hence they must be continually monitored. This programme is therefore designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills that will enable them operate efficiently and effectively in the supply chain.
Supply Chain Management: An Overview
- Stock Budgeting
- Supplier Sourcing And Control
- Supply Chain Evaluation
- Purchasing Function
- Purchasing Cost Control
- Price Negotiation Strategies
- Responsibilities Of Purchasing Officers
- Supply Chain Fraud Management
- Inventory Control Systems And Techniques
- The Role Of Management In Supply Chain Management
- Challenges Of Supply Chain Management
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify key players in supply chain management;
- Apply negotiation skills in supply chain management;
- Develop a control system to reduce fraud in supply chain; and
- Outline challenges of supply chain management.
The programme will be delivered using the following methodologies: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies, role-play and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning.
This programme is designed for officers and managers in supply chain, logistic, operations.