Budgeting and Budgetary Control
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Aug 26 - 28 Aug, 2014
Budgeting is a common accounting tool companies use for planning and controlling what they must do to satisfy their customers and succeed in the market place. Budgets provide a measure of the financial results a company expects from its planned activities.
Budgets also express the strategic plans of business units, organisations, activities or events in measurable terms.
The purpose of this seminar is to help managers control resources, communicate plans to various responsibility centre managers, motivate mangers to strive to achieve budget goals, evaluate the performance of managers, provide visibility into the company’s performance and for accountability.
- Budgets and the budgeting cycle
- The role of budgets in strategic planning and implementation,
- Performance measurement, employee motivation and coordination Steps in developing an operating budget
- Budgeting improving techniques: kaizen budget, activity-based budgeting and sensitivity analysis in budgeting
- Budgeting and responsibility accounting Human aspects of budgeting
- Preparation of budgets: the cash budget, the budgeted income statement and the budgeted balance sheet
- Budgeting with financial modeling tools
Managers, executives and company directors/owner managers without accounting/finance skills or knowledge but who are responsible for managing budgets and are keen on translation their strategies into financials
Venue: Lagos Business School,
Km 22, Lekki-Epe Expressway,
Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria