Managers responsible for production and service operations are faced with formidable challenges in trying to maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency at all times. This situation arises because of the challenges that surface repeatedly on the day-to-day operations of a business. Among these are process bottlenecks, workforce management, material and information flows, planning, scheduling and control of operating systems. Many times, for convenience and perhaps, mostly due to lack of analytical depth, Nigerian managers rely on intuitive approaches for solutions which often turn out to be grossly ineffective. Consequently, these problems recur, persist and precipitate other concerns.
This programme is designed to strengthen the analytical capability of managers by equipping them with tools and practical skills for improving the efficiency of their operations, effectively resolving operational bottlenecks and ensuring optimal allocation of scarce resources. Managers in both production and service organisations will benefit immensely from this intensive and rich programme.
- Decision process and operations analysis
- Decisions in sequencing and process operations
- Distribution, logistics and facility planning
- Managing service and production queues
- Statistical process control
- Materials requirement planning
- Financial planning
- Transportation models
- Forecasting and inventory management
- Production planning and resource optimisation
- Activity based costing
- Matching capacity with supply
- Measuring operational performance
Individuals with key responsibility for managing production/service operations in manufacturing and service institutions