SMC, in partnership with GfK Verein, the foundation arm of the global market research giant GfK, is fostering the development of market and social research in Nigeria. To actualize this aim, the GfK centre is offering a new programme, the Certificate in Market and Social Research.
The Certificate in Market and Social research (MSR) is intended to meet the growing need in the country for a more data-driven business and social process. It will provide high quality instruction in the profession of market and social research. The innovative curriculum of the programme is industry - focused and will be delivered by an international faculty which includes GfK experts and specially trained SMC faculty.
1. To develop an understanding of market and social research including research design and methodologies
2. To impart skills in how to execute field studies in MSR, translate data into findings and report findings.
3. To instruct participants in the use of social media in market and social research.
4. To imbue students with the ethical dimensions of market and social research as a means of acquiring the culture of professionalism and personal integrity.
5. To optimize participants’ understanding of the culture and values of their organizations.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES AND BENEFITS
At the end the programme, participants would
Have industry-ready professional knowledge and skills as market and social researchers
Qualify to apply for Full Membership of the UK Market Research Society
Join the SMC Alumni and Knowledge Network