The course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary for gender and the vulnerable groups’ consideration in Development programmes.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe basic gender and the vulnerable groups’ concepts;
- Identify gender issues in the development programmes;
- Collect and analyze gender specific data;
- Incorporate gender issues and the vulnerable groups into
- Development programmes; and
- Apply acquired skills for leading and staying in control.
- Basic gender and vulnerable group concepts and issues.
- Concept and principles of community driven development.
- Strategies for mainstreaming gender and the vulnerable groups.
- Awareness planning and control.
- Gender issues in Millennium Development Goals.
- Awareness creation and advocacy strategies.
- Methods of collecting gender
- Disaggregated data