Who Should Attend?
New rig staff, geologists, mud engineer, mud logger, cementer, casing crew, directional driller, fisherman, wireline, roughneck. Non-technical office personnel, accountants, administration, receptionists.
This short course aims to give an understanding of what happens on the rig and of what personnel, equipment and time is involved and overview of wellsite operations management.
- Objectives of Drilling: Exploration, appraisal or production
- Brief Geology: Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rock types; Source, reservoir and cap rocks
- Normal Operations: Drilling, tripping, casing and cementing, wireline, stuck pipe, waiting on weather, completion, etc
- Description of Equipment: Mast or derrick, rig floor, Kelly or top drive, mud pumps, mud pits, shale shaker, BOP monkey board, stabbing board, etc
- Drilling Personnel: Toolpusher, bargemaster,driller, assistant driller, derrickman, roughneck,crane operator, roustabout/painterï»¿
- Oil Company Representatives and Service Company Personnel, Company man, geologist, mud engineer, mud logger, cementer, casing crew, directional driller, fisherman, wireline, H2S safety man.