Qualified office personnel are integral to the success of every business. The Administrative Office Skills candidate should have attention to detail, enjoy working independently, and be able to follow directions accurately. In order to remain competent in the workplace administrators, office managers and secretaries need to be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills. This two days training course identifies and examines the key components of the role and within each element builds up a range of approaches and techniques for operating an efficient office or support team. These elements include: interpersonal skills, communication, organisational and time management competencies.
Background to the Problem
In any organisation, the administrators and support staff have a variety of challenging roles and responsibilities. Administrators have to be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of their managers and team members. This workshop will introduce you to new skills that will help increase your performance and the support you offer your team, department and manager. It will show you that you can make yourself stand out, by being proactive and efficient. It will provide an ideal opportunity to share experiences and interact with other administrators, and will enhance your professional development and improve performance
Key Objectives of the Program
The training stands as an impetus to help participants acquire expertise in the subject matter. The objective of this program include to:
- Identify the qualities of a successful administrator to become more effective and gain greater professional recognition for valuable contribution.
- Use your initiative and take on increased responsibility more confidently.
- Explore ways to broaden the scope of your role, and achieve greater job fulfilment.
- Enhance team performance and manage your own and your manager's time more effectively.
- Enhance the support you provide by anticipating needs and identifying areas for improvement. · take control through improved planning and organize work on a basis of priorities.
- Communicate assertively with managers and business contacts to obtain co-operation and results.
- Deal effectively and positively with difficulties and conflicts
- Understanding your own interpersonal style
The benefits of attending this program cannot be over emphasized; participants will be able to
- Gain insights into the responsibilities of administrators
- Value their role in an organization and experience greater job satisfaction
- Analyse planning and organising skills to achieve tasks-develop office procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop office procedures, critical thinking abilities and communication skills for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Build an approach that suits their own individual style and workplace
Instructors use cutting-edge teaching methods to ensure relevance, active learning, and rapid skill development. Our training methodology is a unique blend of lectures reinforced through the application of discussions and case reviews. That way delegates and their respective organizations will be able to obtain the maximum benefit from this program. Participants will also be assessed individually.
Training Learning Content
- Defining what the terms productivity, being organized, efficiency and effectiveness mean in today's world
- Debunking myths and getting rid of antiquated tools
- The power of systematizing your work: thinking it through once and “working the work”
- De-stressing to eliminate productivity loss
- Problem solving with templates
- Making technology work for you and your boss
- Supporting Your Manager/Department/Team
- Maximizing and multiplying your value to your organization
- Contributing to your team/departments success
- Effective Communication skills
- Resolving conflict and dealing with difficult people
- Filing Systems
- How to handle confrontation and difficult situations
- Organization and Time Management
- Writing Clearly and Concisely
- Personal Development
- Formulating an action plan
Target Audiences Identified
This programme is suitable for Administrators and Secretaries, Admin support staff, Personal Assistants who would like to improve their skills and the contribution they make to the smooth running of their office.