Competent facility management can make a huge difference in the value an organization will derive from its facilities. A number of techniques and processes have been developed over the years to effectively manage both office and residential facilities. This course adequately addresses these and gives persons saddled with this responsibility the requisite knowledge and skills to adequately deliver results.
You Will Learn How To:
- Asset management and facility management: What’s the difference?
- Taking charge of the relationship with the end-user - how to establish standards, determine needs, survey for success, and build the relationship for the future
- Team Exercise - Bid Specification Preparation for Custodial Outsourcing
- Four approaches to maintenance and how to use them to build the Master
Schedule: Preventative, Proactive, Reactive, and Run-to-Failure
- Eyes Wide Open - Looking around at the laws and code that can financially cripple the business and facility: ADA compliance, municipal code compliance, Indoor Air Quality, security, third party premises liability, and safety
- Technical Skills vs. Management Skills: Why many facility managers rely upon previous technical, engineering, and maintenance skills to solve management problems…but is it the best approach?
Skills Update: How and when to negotiate and contract for outsourcing services such as maintenance, custodial, security, and space design