International Financial Reporting Standards
By: Euromoney Financial Training
Jun 30 - 04 Jul, 2014
Learn how to provide up-to-date, transparent and forthright financial reporting. This practical 5-day course gives you a profound knowledge of IFRS and covers:
- An overview of the application of IFRS
- Framework for the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- The most significant standards and interpretations currently applicable
- An overview of the expected changes to these standards in the near future
- Outstanding exposure drafts and discussion papers
- What issues are involved in moving from existing GAAP to IFRS reporting?
The growing global acceptance of IFRS as basis for the preparation of financial statements of large and medium large entities creates a need for an increasing group of professionals to gain knowledge and experience of these standards. Even those with basic understanding of IFRS are required to constantly update their knowledge because of the fast evolution of these standards and the growing experience that practitioners require. As of 2005 approximately 9000 listed European companies transferred to IFRS-reporting. Russia, China, Canada, Japan, and many other countries are adopting IFRS or have plans to converge their national standards with IFRS.
In order for today's leading organisations to succeed within this volatile market, robust financial reporting is essential. Only those organisations that can provide up-to-date, transparent and forthright financial reporting will secure future investors and maintain the support of their shareholders and stakeholders. IFRS is therefore increasingly being adopted by organisations globally as the most sophisticated and accurate means for companies to disclose information on its financial position and performance within the market.
- This course aims to provide an answer to the continuing and growing need for information and practical guidance in relation to IFRS technical issues.
- The course will be structured around case studies, practical examples and exercises.
Who should attend?
- Financial Analysts
- Portfolio Managers
- Securities Analysts
- Credit / Investment Analysts
- Pension Fund Managers
Join us for this 5-day course to update your knowledge and uncover how you can impact on your future financial reporting.
Facilitators: The Course Director is an internationally recognised instructor specialising in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP). She has also assisted national governments and central banks in the reform of their accounting systems and in the implementation of international standards and best practices.
Venue: Centrally located hotel in Paris, Paris, France