International Public Sector Accounting Standards
By: Euromoney Financial Training
Dec 07 - 11 Dec, 2014
The recent financial crisis and associated financial safeguards implemented across all business sectors have seen even greater pressures exerted on public budgets with governments and public sector entities encountering growing pressure to provide high-quality transparent financial statements, clear and decisive financial management approaches and enhanced operational allocation and performance measures related to public funds.
IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) provides a sounds basis for public entities to demonstrate sound accrual accounting and budgeting techniques, and with its emphasis on performance-based management being a core competency, requires entities to adopt a fresh and innovative approach to developing new skill sets.
This course offers the learner a comprehensive understanding of the essential elements of IPSAS; beginning by building on the foundations laid by the IASB’s mainstream IFRS standards and then looking at these concepts within the framework of the public entity. The course develops key skills competencies through the application of sound theoretical content within a practical, real-life inspired case-study based environment.
Who should attend?
This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of:
- Organisations, including governments and public sector entities, that are currently implementing or considering implementing IPSAS as a basis for accounting
- Organisations wishing to gain an overview of IPSAS and understand what implications adopting these standards may have on their organisation
- Financial professionals operating within the finance departments of public entities
- Increasing your staff’s awareness about IPSAS through considering the benefits and challenges associated
- Why not recommend this course to a colleague?
Facilitators: The course director is a US Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and is an expert facilitator specializing in IPSAS, IFRS and US GAAP
Venue: Prague Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic