In this rapidly changing market place, it is essential for organizations to create and then retain the clients that are most important to them. Key account management and the development of key accounts are critical to an organization’s success or failure. It is the larger order or longer-term contract or business relationship that can smooth out the cash flow and create significant profit potential.
A key account is defined by the fact that it generates volume sales and an attractive profit margin to the seller company and it is on this basis that companies should start instituting plans on how to consolidate such accounts without having to look for new ones. Multiple relationship management, networking and strategic planning are all crucial skills to maximize and maintain the potential of key accounts.
This course provides delegates with practical and effective strategies to ensure that key account relationships are nurtured into highly valued partnerships. A strong focus will be placed on strategic planning and the skills needed to protect key accounts from competitor attack. Delegates will leave this course with a plan that will allow them to achieve all of the above.
Key Objectives & Outcomes
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Complete a successful transition into the key account manager’s role.
- Construct and implement clear strategic plans to consolidate your key account relationships and gain valuable new and repeat business.
- Recognize and deal effectively with competitor threats. â¨
- Use effective skills to persuade and motivate the key buyers, influencers and decision-makers. â¨
- Select the most appropriate approach to secure increased and profitable business from your key accounts. â¨
- Develop strong personal links with all the key individuals in your major accounts and turn relationships into long-term partnerships. â¨
- Respect, reassure and motivate the key personnel charged with servicing and supporting your major accounts.
Course Outline Overview
- What is Key Account Management
- Key roles and responsibilities of a Key Account Manager
- Defining a Key Account
- Understanding the client’s business requirements
- Analysis of how the account positions us as a supplier
- Networking the account
- Managing team focus and maintaining good communications
- Developing the client plan
Who Should Attend?
- Account managers
- Strategic Account Managers
- Sales Consultants
- Sales Directors
- Business Development Professionals and/or management personnel involved in Key Accounts Management