A 4–day training programme covering:
- The strategic role of the board of directors.
- Shareholders’ rights.
- The increasing importance of institutional investors.
- The special situation of financial institutions.
- A comprehensive analysis of EMEA corporate governance systems.
- Corporate governance lessons from the financial crisis.
- Assessing corporate governance in your organisation.
- Corporate social responsibility as a business driver.
- Socially responsible investment.
Who should attend
The course will be of value to professionals in the following areas:
- Senior management.
- Financial journalists.
Corporate Governance, especially in the context of financial institutions, is currently the single most debated problem in commercial affairs, as witnessed by the virtual daily discussion of the problem in the financial press. This training programme deals with the range of corporate governance issues that have so occupied financial circles and stakeholders in the recent past: the roles of boards of directors; the monitoring of risk; the rights of shareholders; the special role of institutional investors; corporate governance in Emerging Markets in the light of corporate governance developments in industrialised countries; and governance scandals which have driven demands for change.
Emphasis is placed on corporate governance issues in financial services, and a number of case studies are presented using video and other materials. The training progamme concludes with an analysis of current proposals for reform.