This practical training course examines current best practice in all aspects of corporate governance, from the new role of board committees and directors? responsibilities and powers, to best implementation of governance in day-to-day activities. The costs and benefits of best practice governance will be examined and practical guidance will be given on such issues as the relationship with shareholders and other stakeholders, managing and meeting the expectations of the market, international investors and local government and regulatory authorities. The course will also discuss the challenges of implementing best-practice corporate governance in emerging markets and will include the specific requirements of banks and financial institutions.
How will this course assist you?
This comprehensive 4-day programme will cover:
- The current state and direction of best practices in corporate governance
- Implementing and embedding best practices within your organisation /institution
- How to structure board committees, institutional policies and procedures to conform to international requirements and expectations
- How to communicate governance procedures to outside stakeholders including shareholders, governments and communities
- Implementing governance directives within the management of the institution
- Analysing the governance of other institutions
- Governance as a competitive edge
- Identifying and maximising the financial benefit from improved corporate governance and procedures
Practical presentations on formulating and implementing modern international corporate governance principles will be blended with case studies drawn from recent international precedents.
Workshop projects that simulate real-life experiences will help to reinforce key principles.
Who should attend?
- Directors & Board Members
- Audit Committee members
- Company secretaries and governance professionals
- Corporate counsel
- Senior company management
- Investors and fund managers
- Securities exchange officials
- Lawyers & legislators