The course is designed to equip delegates with a clear understanding of how and why funds are established, the nature and impact of investment decisions, pricing and valuation, related activities such as portfolio balancing and performance measurement and how these processes affect operational, compliance, reporting, and other administration procedures.
The course covers a wide range of fund types, their characteristics, operation and administration features, including: mutual funds and unit trusts, pension fund, hedge funds and FOFs, real estate funds, venture capital funds, money market funds.
The course also provides delegates with enhanced market knowledge not only of traditional investment products such as bonds, equities and money market products, but also of more complex products such as derivatives, CDOs, structured products, exchange traded funds, real estate, private equity, commodities and any related structures such as SPVs, SIVs etc.
By the end of the course, delegates will have greater confidence in controlling fund administration procedure, accurate pricing, valuation and best execution skills, greater assurance of the correct legal and compliance procedures, and confidence in liaising with fund managers, investors, sponsors, fund services providers, custodians, and regulators.
Featuring practical in-depth coverage of:
- All types of assets – including alternative, illiquid and volatile assets
- Comparative fund types, structures, and legal aspects
- Understanding benchmarks, mandates, investment objectives and constraints
- Pricing and valuation
- Reporting and compliance – valuation, reconciliation and settlement
- Registrar and transfer agency services
- International client services
- Client reporting: customised reporting, multi-currency/instrument reporting, and tax reporting
- Compliance, tax and anti-money laundering issues
Who should attend?
Delegates are likely to be working in a fund management, fund administration or related roles such as:
- Operations supervisor or manager
- Compliance manager
- Risk manager
- Fund administrator
- Fund services relationship manager
- Hedge fund administrator
- Software provider or consultant
- Finance and administration
- Audit and supervision