This intermediate-level training course will assist you in defining the role of the middle office in your organisation. Delegates will be taught how to identify risks and how to introduce simple mechanisms to monitor, analyse and control, without the need for high investment in technical equipment and systems. They will be introduced to the generic nature of products and leave the course with the ability to understand their evolution and the purposes for which they were created. This will greatly enhance the ability to control exposures on new products and improve profitability.
The course is highly interactive, with group exercises and individual counselling is provided where appropriate.
Featuring how to:
- Construct an effective middle office which will provide the catalyst for coordination and control within an ERM culture.
- Establish a complete systematic control and management programme suitable for all environments.
- Create a pre-emptive control strategy and reduce your risks, costs and errors.
- Introduce properly focussed information and accounting systems to report and control risk.
- Prepare properly for new products and initiatives through a New Products Steering Committee.
- Use your middle office as a training ground for risk control and front office professionals.
The practitioners guide to achieving a successful and effective middle office.
Many institutions have developed middle office functionality as a financial risk and analytical area, but there is a higher need for a coordination and management function that brings together all of the elements, including environmental and operational, so they can be managed in a consistent and cohesive way. This course will illustratehow this can be achieved, without major changes in structure and cost.
The leading international training course on middle office activities.
This course is delivered by an experienced practitioner with many years of practical experience in middle office and risk control activities. It has been presented, with great success, to delegates from a wide variety of backgrounds and coming from over 70 countries internationally. The course uses a very practical approach to the establishment and use of an effective middle office and counters the often over technical, “paralysis by an analysis” approach, taken by many organisations, which has been wholly ineffective in preventing the major banking losses of recent years.
A simple analysis of why difficulties have occurred leads us to conclude that the same generic problems were evident in each case. Detection and prevention could easily have been achieved with a simple systematic control process addressing these basic elements. You will be surprised to learn how easy it can be to identify and control these aspects, using a properly trained, experienced and well motivated workforce.
Who should attend
- Middle Office and Risk Managers.
- Senior and Middle Management.
- Operations Managers.
- Financial and Product Control Staff.
- Treasury Managers.
- Auditors and Internal Control Officers.
- IT and EDP Operatives.
- Compliance Staff.
- Accountants and Consultants.
- Graduate and Management Trainees.