Securities Lending, Repos & Collateral Management
By: Euromoney Financial Training
Oct 06 - 08 Oct, 2014
The teaching methodology used on this course combines formal theoretical instruction with frequent use of exercises and case studies. These are based on real situations experienced by the course director in his over thirty year involvement in this business. The course is intended to be practical and interactive, with delegates encouraged to ask questions throughout. The course content is intended to give delegates an understanding that will be of immediate practical use in the workplace. The lecturer will be available throughout the duration of the course to offer additional help if required. Delegates will be divided into to small teams to work together on the exercises that will include some simple calculations for which a calculator will be required.
Attend this intensive and highly practical 3-day course and learn:
- The drivers and mechanisms of the international securities lending and repo markets
- Who the lenders are, the intermediaries and borrowers and how they operate
- The economics and benefits of lending
- The trading strategies and pricing mechanisms
- The life cycles of lending and repo transactions
- The differences between securities lending and repos and the documentation that governs them
- How dividends and other corporate events are impacted by lending and repos
- How to identify potential risks and understand the control measures to prevent them
- The collateral management processes including bi-lateral and Triparty arrangements
- The mark to market (MTM) process and the mechanisms for managing collateral
- The collateral and counterparty risks
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for anyone who wishes or needs to know about securities lending, the repo markets and collateral management including:
- Senior and middle management in financial services
- Operations Managers from investment banks, broker/dealers, prime brokers, fund managers, pension funds etc.
- Pension Fund Trustees
- Middle Office and Risk Managers
- Product Controllers
- Internal and External Auditors
- IT developers (focused on operations or Securities Financing)
- Business Analysts and Consultants
- Compliance staff
- Graduate and Management Trainees
Facilitators: Experienced trainer with over 30 years expertise in Financial Markets, he has held previous positions as Head of International Operations at tier one firms including Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch and Prudential Securities. He was also COO at Cresvale, an equity derivatives trading firm and a Founder Partner at MC Securities.
Venue: Central London Hotel Venue, London, UK