"Good relevant material and delivery by course director"
Managing Director and CEO, Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Plc
"Topical, enaging and timely course. Excellent course leader"
Non-Executive Director, FirstBank of Nigeria
In this 3 Day Course Participants are Shown:
- The intended role of directors and senior executives in overseeing, understanding and leveraging risk management
- The envisaged role of directors in light of the Walker Report, OECD reports, The Turner Review and other commentaries
- How to establish executive risk management committees
- How to establish a risk profile and risk appetite
- The purpose, process and function of the core risk areas: credit, market and operational
- How to understand these risk exposures in relation to the company’s overall core business operations
- How information from these functions should be reported and technological and IT considerations
- Primary questions to ask of risk management heads during the oversight process
- How and when to form a risk committee
- How the risk committee should be structured and function in relation to other committees, particularly the audit committee
- Risk management within the context of major initiatives (e.g., Basel III and its Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP)
Who Should Attend?
- Chief executive officers
- Chief operational officers
- Chief risk officers
- Chief financial officers
- Heads of Risk management
- Heads of IT and other primary functions
- Board members
- Fund managers
- Investor representatives
Course pre-requisites: Experience in a executive management, director or shareholder representative position
|New York Hotel, New York, United States
||Dec 08 - 10 Dec, 2014
The course instructor is an experienced executive, Chief Risk Officer (CRO), board member and consultant. He is the founder and CEO of a consulting firm that conducts investment due diligence of corporates and banks, specialising in emerging and frontier markets. He is a sought after speaker on risk oversight, strategy and corporate governance but has also trained numerous management teams in predictive analytics, market intelligence acquisition and internal model development for Basel II & Basel III purposes.