The school provides comprehensive coverage of all the key issues and challenges in corporate finance in ten modules covered over five days. All key areas of corporate finance theory are covered together with their practical application in such areas as project appraisal, M&A, buy-outs, private equity, corporate restructuring and value based management.
When putting together any corporate finance deal, the potential creation of value is a key consideration. Corporate finance techniques and structures offer many companies the opportunity for value creation, but problems occur when they are either not fully understood or the wrong strategy is implemented. The development of a sound theoretical and practical understanding of corporate finance is a key feature of the school, with financial economics and a focus upon value being key themes throughout. Upon return to your organisation you should be fully prepared to put your learning into practice.
This five day Corporate Finance School will cover:
- Core principles and major applications of corporate finance
- Valuation methodologies and techniques, their uses and abuses
- Cash flow approach vs. accounting approach
- Cost of capital and capital structuring
- M&A: public company takeovers and private company acquisitions
- The key characteristics of successful M&As
- How to analyse financial statements using the tools of corporate finance
- How to analyse and incorporate synergies in M&A analysis
- Restructuring and divestment as an important part of the corporate finance toolkit, specifically when to divest and the alternative ways of divesting a business.
- Leveraged finance and management buy-outs
- What are the essential features of leveraged buyouts and how are they structured?
- Financing alternatives and typical financing structures
- What is different about the strategic buyer and the private equity perspective?
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Value based management
Who should attend?
- Corporate Financiers
- Financial Analysts, Planners and Corporate Decision makers
- Strategic Planning Executives
- Corporate Treasury Executives
- Accountants Management
- Lawyers Financial / Investment
- Investment Managers
Participants will be provided with a package of materials, including articles and sample documentation from transactions concluded. The workshop will include real case studies, hands-on exercises, and will give participants the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding through group work and plenary discussions.
|Johannesburg Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa
||Jul 07 - 11 Jul, 2014
The Course Instructor is CEO of his own group of companies and corporate finance adviser to numerous organisations world-wide at board level. He is Emeritus Professor of Finance and Accounting at Henley Business School, University of Reading, and a Visiting Professor of Finance at University College, London.