"Very well structured course, great overview"
Manager External Portfolios, SAMCO
"World class trainer"
Head of Operations, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria
This course provides participants with an in-depth understanding of best practice bond portfolio management techniques and how they can be used to deliver sustainable returns and manage risk. The course combines interpretation of key market pricing and risk data with the implementation of effective investment strategies to maximise risk-adjusted returns over the long term.
The primary focus of the programme is to enable delegates to understand the parameters underlying the creation of an effective portfolio management strategy as well as the day to day management of risk and return enhancement opportunities.
Particular emphasis is placed on the dynamics and inter-relationships within global bond markets and how these affect the optimal construction of portfolios, particularly where constraints exist in terms of return targets and mandate restrictions.
The programme also covers derivatives and structured bond products and their role in contemporary bond portfolio management, thereby enabling participants to determine their suitability for deployment to achieve required returns, generate sustainable cash flows and manage risk.
The training consists of classroom-based teaching combined with computer-based simulations and exercises, using a range of spreadsheet-based software. A comprehensive set of notes will be provided to delegates during the course and interactive participation is strongly encouraged.
Delegates will each receive copies of all bond pricing, risk analysis and portfolio optimisation models for their own use after the programme.
What will you learn?
Attend this comprehensive and highly practical 4–day training course and gain knowledge in contemporary best practice investment strategies and analysis to:
- Gain an up-to-date picture of the current global bond markets
- Understand how macroeconomic and other events impact global bond markets
- Implement effective investment strategies to meet fund objectives
- Understand and interpret key data relating to bond markets
- Gain knowledge and confidence in the judicious use of derivatives
- Identify the most suitable management style to achieve portfolio objectives
- Understand the structure and dynamics of global bond markets
- Gain hands-on experience in using key bond pricing and risk metrics
- Understand portfolio trading strategies to increase returns and reduce risk
- Gain knowledge of credit analysis techniques and relative pricing metrics
- Use structured bond products to achieve required risk and return outcomes
PLUS: Enhance your practical skills with computer-based simulations and workshop case studies on bond pricing, optimal portfolio construction and risk analysis.
Who should attend?
This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of:
- Investment managers
- Bond analysts
- Risk managers
- Quantitative analysts
- Pension fund trustees and sponsors
- Bond sales executives
The course assumes a basic understanding of bond instruments, interest rate markets and discounted cash flow analysis.