Whether you are involved in investing in global or domestic markets, for institutions, pension-holders or private clients, this programme offers the opportunity to advance your real-world investing skills through structured study, group exercises and investment simulations.
The last few years have seen a number of forces re-shaping the global investment management industry. Equity volatility, new fixed income products, the growth of hedge funds, commodities and real estate – to name but a few – have contributed to dramatic changes in investor preferences, investment styles and asset allocation. Traditional analytical frameworks and performance measures must now be used together with a new group of tools and metrics to interpret data, trends and performance in this new environment and for newer asset classes.
Join us for this intensive 4-day School which will give you the in-depth information you need to advance your investing skills. On completion of the course you will be ready to implement your new skills into real-world investing activities, with the ultimate objective of increasing returns, reducing risks and attracting (and retaining) investors.
Course highlights include:
- Devise asset allocation strategies for a post-credit crunch environment
- Alpha analysis and information ratios in theory and practice
- Learn and apply the principles of post-modern portfolio theory
- Construct superior equity portfolios using behavioural finance theory
- Reassess hedge fund investing in light of recent events
- Learn how to implement portable alpha strategies via practical applications
- Assess the opportunities offered by emerging alternative assets
- Develop frameworks to accommodate real and tangible assets in portfolios
Who should attend
- Portfolio / fund / asset managers
- Investment analysts / advisors / strategists
- Private bankers / investors
- Heads of investment
- Pension fund/ trustee managers
- Regulators, auditors and actuaries
- Securities sales people