Energy Project Finance - Oil, Gas & Power
By: Euromoney Financial Training
Lagos State, Nigeria
Oct 27 - 31 Oct, 2014
Participants in this program will learn how to structure upstream and down stream oil and gas projects including field development, rigs, platforms, pipelines, and other transportation infrastructure. They will also see LNG, fertilizer transactions, and power deals. By the program’s conclusion they will have developed a framework for recognizing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative project risks when financing green field projects as well as facility upgrades in the energy sector. They will understand how excel models are use to assess project debt capacity, return on investment, and other metrics common to attractive deals.
Numerous examples of projects from around the world are employed throughout the course to ensure understanding and application of concepts. Lectures include many recent examples of structured financing attractive to banks, bond investors, lessors and Islamic investors. Applications of energy related derivative instruments to enhance financing are also described. Finally, careful attention is paid to fund providers and credit enhancers such as Export Credit Agencies and International Financial Institutions (IFIs) like IFC, Islamic Development Bank, European Investment Bank, and other Bi-laterals. Many of these official players are today strenuously engaged in helping project developers and financiers weather market upheavals.
The program’s fifth day session is a stand-alone cash flow modeling workshop. Using excel software, participants create a model for an LNG Plant to test for project debt capacity as well as return on investment.
You will cover:
- Project Finance in Today’s Challenging Markets
- Structuring Large Oil and Gas Field Development Projects
- Reserve-Based Finance
- Financing Pipelines, Oil Rigs, Platforms, and Other Infrastructure
- LNG and Fertilizer Plants
- Power Project Finance
- ‘Green’ Energy
- Developing Pro Forma Estimates and Cashflow Models
- Working with Banks and Other Debt Providers
- Understanding Key Legal Risks in Projects
- Official Providers of Funds and Credit Support (Export Credit Agencies, Development Banks and Others)
- Managing Price Volatility in Energy Deals
Who should attend?
The course will be of value to professionals in the following areas:
- All financiers involved in project finance, investment analysis and syndicated lending
- Government and parastatal executives involved in sponsoring/assessing project finance deals
- Institutional Bankers
- Corporate Bankers
- Commercial and Investment Bankers
- Project Sponsors
- Development Banks
- Accounting and Legal Practices
- Project Consultancies
- Export Credit Agencies
Facilitators: The Course Director specialises in capital markets, risk management, and international project finance. She has considerable professional experience with the oil and gas, power, transport, and telecom sectors. She has published articles in the business press and co-authored several self-study guides covering international project finance, trade and export finance, foreign exchange, and financial futures.
Venue: Lagos Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria