A 4-day course designed to support analysts within an organisation's project finance, business development and treasury divisions to create and analyse financial models on a consistent and focussed basis.
- Revision of best practice in model structures
- Building the cash flow financing section of a model
- Calculating the cost of different types of debt capital
- Creation of balance sheet
- Use of sensitivity analysis - model structures and advanced Excel tools
- Ratios and risk analysis of PPP deals
- Review the objectives of PPP, and the implications for model structure
Â Course Exercises
Time will not permit creation of an entire model from scratch. The outline of a model will be populated with the required factors, including basic assumptions, input data and calculations to calculate results.
Delegates will then build on the model to add sensitivities, inflation factors, financial structures, accounting statements, equity returns, ratios and cover factors, and risk assessments.
The learning methods used are practical, as practice of newly learned techniques enables a deeper and more effective building of skills. Each section will be covered briefly as a module in a traditional class style, but the real learning experience will be found in the exercises within each module.
Suggested solutions to each exercise will be provided and discussed, and participants will be encouraged to review their work independently. As the time available is limited, and the needs of the participants will vary, each section will not be covered in depth, but supporting materials will be available for further in-depth learning.Â