One of the most popular strategies for entering international markets is through joint ventures or strategic alliances – where the risks, costs, management, and success of the venture are shared by the partners. For international joint ventures and alliances, the entities are subject to many regulations and legal requirements which must be fully understood by the parties involved. Added to this are complex business and financial considerations which must be satisfied – often within the framework of a foreign culture and foreign practices. Cultural and social differences also play a large role in the success or failure of such ventures.
This course focuses on the key legal, commercial and financial aspects of setting up international joint
ventures and alliances. The Course Director will explain how to avoid problems and ensure success
from the outset – from the strategic planning and negotiating phase through to the drafting and
implementation of the contracts and the period of integration.
Who should attend:
- In-house lawyers
- Business development executives
- Managing directors
- Finance directors
- Commercial directors and managers
- Company secretaries
Delegates will gain a thorough knowledge of:
- The key business factors and objectives behind international joint ventures and alliances
- Considering and analysing sample agreements
- How to use world-class negotiation strategies to get the deal right from the outset
- Understanding and drafting the agreements involved
- The best methods of funding international ventures
- Protection and management of existing and new technology in the venture
- The management of disputes
- How to deal with the post-signature practical implementation of the agreement
|Hotel in Central London, London, United Kingdom
||Sep 22 - 23 Sep, 2014
The Course Director is an international lawyer and consultant to an international law firm. He was formerly a partner and Head of International Commercial Law at KPMG Legal globally. He is cited and ranked in Chambers Guide of the World’s Leading Lawyers.