The fact is that most M&A deals never become a reality. The things that kill deals are: time, money, terms and ego. By learning best practice legal, strategic, commercial and financial aspects of the international M&A process, you will equip yourself with the knowledge that will ensure that your deal does not fail due to delays, illogical pricing, or unnecessary/inaccurate terms.
This course will give you a thorough understanding of the wide variety of skills that all parties involved in cross-border acquisitions must possess - e.g. the ability to read and digest financial information, successfully communicate with the relevant parties, whilst juggling a diverse range of international commercial and legal issues.
With this knowledge under your belt, you'll also have a much better ability to deal with the egos involved and to make your deal a success!
Summary of Course Content
- How to structure a deal and value the target
- How to negotiate the preliminary agreements and understand other complex pre-contractual issues
- The complexities of legal due diligence
- Technical legal issues, including intellectual property (IP) rights
- The different ways to document M&A transactions
- Complex issues involved in acquisition and financing
- Best practice in post-merger integration
The course is designed to be highly practical and features hands on workshop sessions and case studies.
Who should attend this training course?
- In-house Lawyers
- Managing Directors
- Financial Directors
- Commercial Directors
- Senior Executives responsible for mergers and acquisitions