This is an interactive course which explores a range of strategies, techniques and steps involved in the process of successful conflict management and negotiation. Amongst others, self-management, comprehensive preparation, systemic analysis and reflection and best alternatives are taught as ways to engage in negotiation and to defuse conflict. Participants will have the opportunity to freely exchange ideas, knowledge and experience with fellow participants and resource person. This will be achieved through discussion and case study, presentation and role play.
To enable managers to:
- Understand Conflict in Organisations.
- Appreciate the factors underlying conflict.
- Understand the various ways to handle conflict.
- Appreciate how culture affects the management of conflict.
- Practice the negotiation skills called RESPECT.