Teams are the heart of an organization. When they are working effectively, are motivated, are clear on and connected to the organizational goals of the business they can be unstoppable. Performance issues based on personal relationships and team dynamics take huge amounts of resources to solve. It drains managers' time as well as decreasing motivation. To work together, team members must develop their interactive, communication, and interpersonal skills. This workshop focuses on crucial interpersonal skills that team members must have if they are to function as a high performance work team. This course details the key skills required by anyone required to lead a team or those required to work within one. The main subject areas which will be addressed in detail are team building, team management, the individual’s roles within the team, communication and problem solving methods and techniques will also be demonstrated with regard to practical applications within a team structure. Providing the opportunity to develop skills and practice techniques.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the team building process (Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing).
- Understand the basic behavioural styles of team members and how to manage each.
- Cultivate effective listening skills.
- Identify team strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Increase the individual’s knowledge and skill levels in team building and team working skills.
- Gain skills using methods, techniques and tools which will improve their effectiveness as team leaders and team members.
- Improve their individual understanding of effective communication within the team.
- Understand the nature, purpose and structure of a working team and the individual requirements which contribute to its success.
- Understand the differences and effectiveness of different types of communication.
- Increased understanding and awareness of how to solve problems within a team.