The 2nd Annual Seminar on Promoting Gender Economic Inclusion in the Nigerian Financial Services Industry
Lagos State, Nigeria
Sep 09 - 09 Sep, 2014
A look at the Nigerian Financial Services Industry reveals that very few women are found on the Board of Directors and in the Executive Management cadre of Banks. To address this imbalance, the Central Bank of Nigeria issued the policy on sustainable Banking and Finance principles in which nine (9) principles were enunciated. Principle number four (4) in that document is tagged “Women’s Economic Empowerment”. This principle states that “We will promote Women’s Economic Empowerment through a gender inclusive workplace culture in our business operations and seek to provide products and services designed specifically for women through our business activities”.
This seminar is therefore targeted at enabling women in the financial services industry to fully access personal / collective power, authority and influence, and to employ that strength when engaging with their male counterparts in the various Banks. It is aimed at encouraging the women to release and optimize the power they already have, and engage the wealth of their knowledge and motivation, to do their jobs magnificently.
At the end of the seminar, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the concept, principles and approaches for effective personal empowerment
- Have a new can-do mindset that does not see limits and impossibilities in career and life
- Understand the role of organizational politics and how to handle it effectively
- Appreciate the role of personal development in empowerment.
- Be energized to rise to the very top of the Financial Services Industry regardless of the hurdles/challenges
- Understand the male specie better and how to manage them effectively in the workplace
- CBN’s policy on women Economic Empowerment: Challenges and solutions
- The concept of Empowerment, Millennium Development Goals and Role of Stakeholders in Women Economic Empowerment
- An overview of Gender Structure in the Nigerian Financial Services Industry
Plenary Session on 3 other topics,
Who Should Attend?
- All women in the Nigerian Financial Services Industry and beyond.
- Men who are interested in understand the concept and principles of Women Economic Empowerment and /or desire to implement it in their organizations
Delegates will also receive:
- A copy of the printed seminar materials.
- An electronic (pdf) copy of the seminar materials.
- Details of Websites on Women’s Economic Empowerment
Facilitators: Dr. (Mrs) Sarah Alade, FCIB ( Deputy Governor, Economic Policy CBN) Mr Herbert Wigwe, HCIB (MD/CEO Access Bank Plc) Mrs Sola David-Borha, FCIB (MD/CEO Stanbic IBTC Holdings) Mrs Osayi Allie (Chairperson, Women in Management Business and Public Service - WIMBIZ) Mrs Ojinaka Olaghere, HCIB (Executive Director Operations & Information Technology) Dr. Biodun Adedipe ( Managing Partner, B. Adedipe & Associates) ..and others
Venue: Canton Concourse Training Centre 12, Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos