This course provides essential knowledge of the key elements representing contracts audit as it is practiced in today’s global world. It also gives comprehensive understanding of contract law and how to audit contracts. A range of audit management skills will be developed. These will improve effective control on contracts that add value to an organisation.
Who Should Attend?
Staff working in an audit environment who wish to develop the specialised audit skills required in the audit of contracts and capital projects. Audit managers planning to perform an audit of contracts, senior managers interested in developing a meaningful audit of contracts within their organisation and non- audit managers interested in enhancing their understanding of contracts. Procurement managers and project managers would also benefit from the course.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Describe how to deal with the different sources of contract law
- Know how to evaluate the contract risks faced by, and within, an organisation
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective contract audit
- Advise management on strategies for improving contract efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop tools for optimising audit sampling as it relates to selecting contracts for review
- Know the concepts and principles involved in contract audit
- Identify international
- Understand the importance of corporate governance and the role of the audit committee
- Be able to audit the PFI process