Virtually without exception organizations identify their staff as their most important asset. Organizations recognize that human capital is the foundation of their value creation —various studies have shown that up to 85 percent of an organization's value is based on intangible assets. Yet the asset that is most important is often the least understood, least prone to measurement, and, hence, least susceptible to management. The HR Scorecard is built on the proven Balanced Scorecard model, it develops the organization's HR Architecture — the HR function, the HR system, and strategic employee behaviors — that relentlessly emphasizes and reinforces the implementation of the organization's strategy. The HR Scorecard shows how to link HR's results to measures that managers and executives understand and respect.
Background of the Problem
Human capital is the most valuable asset for any organization. Human resources provide a strategic powerhouse in today's organizations, particularly if the HR systems are embedded within an organization's overall strategy and the HR architecture is seen as a strategic asset. HR Managers are required to play an increasingly critical role by being business driven, strategic thinkers and intellectual capital builders. This is because HR has come of age and the critical of HR is being recognized. How do we link HR results to strategy and value addition? How do we measure the contribution of HR to the overall strategic goal of the organization? This programme aims at guiding human resources managers and middle level executives involved in human resources management as well as corporate strategy design and implementation to develop metrics for measuring the contribution of HR to overall corporate strategic results. The course is suitable for strategy focused organizations and those that are desirous of enhancing their strategic thrust.
Objectives of the Program
The purpose of the course is to enable organizations sharpen their knowledge in both strategy implementation and results orientation. In particular, participants will be able to:-
- Appreciate the importance of HR as a Strategic Partner
- Develop HR Scorecard
- Undertake a cost-benefit analysis for HR scorecard interventions
- Measure the HR alignment to Corporate Strategy
- Describe the structure and typical business content of a Balanced Scorecard.
- Create a Strategy Map and identify the HR deliverables for their organization.
- Develop and align the HR Architecture with the HR deliverables
- Design the HR strategic measurement system
- Define an implementation plan for an HR Scorecards
The training stands as an impetus to help managers and your organisation to acquire expertise in:
- Strategic asset and a source of competitive advantage.
- Quantitative contribution to the firm's financial results and bottom-line profitability.
- Alignment between the strategy of the business and its HR architecture.
- Linking the things people do with the strategy of the company.
- HR architecture which can be measured, managed and systematic.
- Human resource functions to fill a strategic role in the business – participating fully in the balanced goals of cutting costs and creating added value
Instructors use cutting-edge teaching methods to ensure relevance, active learning, and rapid skill development. Our training methodology is a unique blend of lectures reinforced through the application of discussions and case reviews. That way delegates and their respective organizations will be able to obtain the maximum benefit from this
Who Is The Programme For?
Human Resources Managers, General Managers and Senior Officers in public, private and civic organizations involved in strategic planning, human resources management and strategy execution.