This course provides senior public officials and members of public institutions with methods for building public trust and managing society’s perceptions of governmental conduct. It also develops a generic values code based on the Nolan principles.
Who Should Attend?
Politicians, chief executives, senior administrators and other public figures.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand present perception of standards
- Appraise the elements of the Nolan Commission
- Implement proactive media management
- Develop an ethical strategy
- Appreciate conflict-of-interest principles
- Examine common standards of openness in governance
- Develop locally appropriate Nolan principles
- Appreciate ethics in the public arena
- Realise the benefits of effective communication and media management