This course provides an in-depth, practical examination of counter-terrorism operations for those involved in defending against such threats.
Who Should Attend?
The course benefits counter-terrorism personnel who require a coherent understanding for design and implementation of such activities. It is relevant to practitioners from the decision-making to the first-line management levels in both government and industry.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Better comprehend the terrorist threat
- Understand operational and tactical requirements
- Design appropriate and robust processes and procedures to meet the threat
- Design, implement and operate an effective operations centre
- Understand the threat from international and domestic terrorism.
- Recognise the evolutionary nature of the terrorist threat
- Understand capability requirements (procedural, operational, tactical and technical requirements)
- Design a set of standing operating procedures to meet the operational need
- Design and operate an operations centre
- Participate in practical exercises and discussions