Public and Private companies around the world are increasingly required to publish financial statements which comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). It is designed to help managers and non-professional accountants understand their role in evaluating IFRS statements and the impact IFRS could bring to their organizations.
- An overview of IFRS – Conceptual Framework
- Summary of changes between IFRS and Nigerian GAAP
- Fair values vs historical costs
- Key accounting changes
- Increases in professional judgment and disclosures
- New presentation format for financial statements
- Impact of IFRS on financial statements
- Deadlines for adoption in Nigeria
- Items of concern during the year of transition
- Impact of IFRS on senior executives and Board members
Who should attend
Non-Finance Managers, Unit Heads, Accounts Officers, and those interested in understanding the basics of IFRS.