It has been observed that despite the fact that retirement is inevitable, most public officers do not begin preparing for it until it becomes too late. Consequently, most retirees experience extreme difficulties after their retirement. The result is stress and unhappiness due to their inability to find or create gainful employment for themselves.
This Programme is designed to prepare public officers for better life after retirement, by equipping them with the relevant entrepreneurial skills that will enable them set up small successful businesses, so as to maintain a decent standard of living in retirement
- Planning and Preparing for Retirement – Issues to be considered
- Overcoming the challenges of Life After paid Employment
- Change Management Skills
- Developing Entrepreneurial Skills
- Attitudinal Change and Business Ethics
- Establishing and Managing Your own Business Successfully
- Stress Management Skills
- Effective Self Management Skills
- Obtaining Loans for Small Business Start-up from Banks and Finance Houses.
- Sample feasibility studies of various small businesses.
Who Should Attend
Managers and officers of all grades, in both public and private sector organizations, who have less than five (5) years to retire.