This course is designed to enable the Public Servants acquire the requisite administrative skills that will equip them to function effectively in the Service.
Specifically, the objectives of the course are, among others to:
- Enhance administrative and managerial skills of the participants, thereby improving professionalism
- Update the knowledge and skills of participants on new trends in public administration and management; and
- Assist the participants apply the skills and attitude required for effective acquisition, allocation and utilization of public resources for the achievement of public goals
- Overview of Public Administration
- Overview of Management
- New Trends in Public Sector Management
- Records Management, Information System and Technology
- Performance Contracts and Public Sector Effectiveness
- Communication Skills
- Overview of Human Resource Management
- Decision Making in the Public Service
The target audience for this Course comprises Public Servants on GL 09 to 13.