The objective of the workshop is to expose the participants to the strategies for developing and managing small and medium enterprises.
- Specifically, at the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the roles of SMEs as economic development agents
- Discuss the legal issues involved in the development and management of SMEs
- Identify the enabling environment for SMEs
- List the strategies for development and growth of SMEs; and
- Prepare and evaluate business plans
- Effective Management of Micro/SMEs: An Overview
- Micro Business SMEs as Economic Development Agents
- Policy Frameworks for the Development and Promotion of Micro/SMEs
- Enabling Environment for SMEs and Micro Business in Nigeria
- Legal issues in SMEs Development and Management
- Strategies for Success and Growth of SMEs
- Appraisal/Evaluation of SMEs
- Financing Option for SMEs
The Workshop is designed for Officers on grade level 08 and above who are responsible for the development of small and medium enterprises in Federal and State Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).