This course is designed to provide oil and gas industry professionals with an integrated approach to project management, covering a range of topics from concepts, planning, tools and techniques of project management knowledge to project manager leadership skills.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at any professional executive who requires a broader knowledge of the constituent parts of a project and who are moving towards, or already have, responsibility for projects. Also project engineers, supervisors, and project leaders who wish to increase their knowledge of the management of projects.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise the coordination of critical tasks in the project life cycle
- Identify strengths and overcome weaknesses in PM knowledge through case studies and worked examples
- Explore key exercises in performance assessment and building team success
- Identify best practice negotiation and conflict resolution techniques through simulation
- Develop procurement and contract strategies for the project
- Know how to deal with basic projects
- Carry out a project appraisal and identify that the project will meet its objectives
- Have a thorough understanding of the PM knowledge areas including management of scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, procurement, risk and integration
- Effectively simulate assembling and building a team to complete a project