This course outlines the ideal conditions (legal, regulatory, market/commercial, technical, financial) for successful development of IPPs including renewable energy projects. Delegates will learn risk-management tools and techniques to maximise value and to understand, calculate and manage IPP risk.
Who Should Attend?
Power project developers, finance managers in power project development companies, bankers who finance IPP projects, state utility procurement managers with purchasing power from IPPs, and government officials promoting IPP development.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand project finance
- Explore the IPP development process
- Comprehend current trends and challenges
- Analyse IPP risk evaluation
- Identify power sector tariff structures
- Study power purchase agreements (PPSs)
- Employ effective contract negotiation
- Explore risk analysis in IPPs and financial modelling
- Study sources of project financing
- Understand financing documentation