This course is designed to provide energy industry professionals with the principles and practices of strategic project management, planning and implementation through a selection of case studies, methodologies and theories. This course covers all aspects of Project Management in greenfield and brownfield environments. It combines a review of theory and practice of key skills to develop and improve the delegate’s performance in a project management team.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals in the power industry at all levels and in all disciplines, including business development managers, process and production engineers, procurement and logistics managers, business analysts, government officials in energy institutions, and energy strategic planners and investors.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- View progressive development of the Case Study through assignments coordinated to the project life cycle
- Identify innovative strategic solutions that optimise cost and schedule using knowledge gained
- Master risk analysis and optimising schedule and budget
- Develop Sensitivity Analysis of the project for a range of key economic factors; e.g. oil price, exchange rate and interest rate etc.
- Develop procurement and contract strategies for the project
- Outline the HSE policy proposed for the project
- Propose the solution that obtains the best return on the project
- Convince a Panel of Senior Oil Company executives, of the viability of the case study (simulating the Board of the Client Oil Company), answering a range of key questions and issues.
- Employ procurement and contract strategy