This course is designed to provide delegates in the power industry with a comprehensive understanding of power and electricity system development and operation management. The course will help to develop a clear understanding of the philosophy of modern power system operations and the role of energy management systems, their design and actual implementation.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals in power industry including business development managers, process and production engineers and operations and plant managers.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand an introduction to power systems operation management
- View power systems structures
- Identify market mechanisms governing power retailing decisions
- Comprehend power security and risk management
- Understand power industry systems infrastructure development demand
- Evaluate distribution and outage management systems
- Identify generation management systems and marketing influences
- Employ operations management: principles and practices
- Identify risks and opportunities associated with managing power operation and distribution