IT Governance and Risk for the non-IT Professional Although IT governance and IT risk are known to be key operational issues, discussion of appropriate IT governance structures and IT risk is often restricted to those with an IT background or role. This course is deliberately pitched at those who do not have an IT background and those who spend little time working with technology.
- Understand the concepts and strategies underpinning IT governance
- Understand the boundaries imposed on information technology by law
- Understand the key risks involved in the arrangements for and support of IT services
- Understand the major security-related risks that occur in the delivery of IT services
- Understand primary concepts and key controls that ensure the integrity of databases, operations support and the operating system