The course will focus on the skills and understanding needed to function successfully in any contract arrangement. Participants will be prepared for a better understanding of more complex issues behind contract formation, execution, funding and performance, and also to effectively tackle project problems associated with various types of contracts.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for records, contracts and project managers and administrators, business consultants, senior managers, auditors and anyone involved in managing or using contracts and the information contained in them.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the fundamentals of contracts
- Identify and implement Contracts management principles
- Identify contract types
- Understand the contract selection process and setting standard of negotiation
- Execute contracts and post completion feedback
- Understand, evaluate, and develop contract terms and conditions
- Identify and understand the importance and differences between subcontractors, suppliers and third parties
- Understand the elements of liability
- Evaluate contract termination
- Understand basic law in relation to communications
- Investigate pre-contract communications as well as post contract (i.e. record keeping)
- Understand and evaluate contract requirements
- Use negotiation obtain better contracts