Understanding the Regulatory Framework and the impact of IFRS on Financial Statements.
To provide participants with in-depth understanding of the requirements of IFRS and the differences between the local Statement of Accounting Standard (SAS) and IFRS. It will equip participants with the requisite skills needed to carry out their duties, resolve apparent conflicts in the standards and apply IFRS to real and practical situations as well as in the preparation of financial statements.
By the end of the program, Participants will have a greater understanding of:
- The IFRS regulatory environment
- The formats and contents of financial statements under IFRS
- Key IFRS definitions and concepts
- The requirements for compliance with the standard
- The various adjustments needed for conversion from current practice