Nowadays, money laundering is gaining both national and international attention. Therefore, the pressure is increasing on institutions to comply with the money laundering regulations and take effective steps to combat money laundering. This course aims to provide basic money laundering training to both public and private sector officials in a better, quicker and more efficient way by making them familiar with many of the laws and regulations now enhanced to deter money laundering. It will give a holistic overview of money laundering standards and issues, including definitions, various processes of money laundering, and impact of money laundering on international development.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the basic concept of money laundering and its various processes
- Identify the economic impacts of money laundering and terrorist financing on international development
- Examine the efficiency of international standards to combat money laundering and terrorist financing
- Summarize the legal requirements and preventive measures to be adopted by developing countries to combat money laundering
- Analyze a case study on regulatory regime to combat money laundering and make necessary arguments
- Discuss the various international measures to combat terrorist financing and incorporate the compliance and implementation of the FATF recommendations into their laws.
- An Introduction to Money Laundering
- National and International Response to Money Laundering
- Criminalization of Money Laundering
- Anti-Money Laundering Regulatory Regime (Case Study)
- International Measures to Combat Terrorist Financing