At the end of the Course, participants should be able to:
- Enumerate the current management concepts
- Analyse the Importance of Strategic thinking in Public Administration.
- Outline tools of result-oriented management.
- Discuss the phases in the public policy making cycle.
- Evaluate critical issues in policy formulation and implementation.
- Appraise the practice in the management of Public Administration.
- Evolution of Public Administration and Management
- Current Management Practice
- Strategic Thinking in Public Administration
- Policy Making in Organisation; ï Strategic Human Resources Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Government Reforms and Development Agenda
- Executive Stress Management
- Understanding the Changing Role of Government
- Conflict Sensitive Development.
- Managing Negotiation in Government
- Leadership, Transparency and Accountability
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control in Government.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Performance Management and Target Setting
- Managing Performance Contract in the Public Service
- Tender and Contract Procedures
- Public Policy Formulation and Implementation in Nigeria
- The Role of Senior Public Servants in Policy Formulation
- Advocacy, Mobilisation and Lobbying Skills for Public Servants
- Enhancing Organisational Performance
- Gender Main streaming in the Policy Making Process
- Gender Issues in Public Administration.
- Security Consciousness in the Public Service.
The Course is designed for Top Management Staff on GL. 13 to 16 in the Public Service and those who have attended the Public Administration and Management Course.