Mastering Business Negotiations: The Principles and Practice
By: Tom Associates Training
Lagos State, Nigeria
Sep 09 - 11 Sep, 2015
A training programme whose contents have been developed around six “Key Negotiation Lessons,” namely:
- Avoid unreasonable or arbitrary positions
- Avoid letting prejudices show through
- Avoid negotiating by demands and ultimatums
- Present arguments calmly, without personalizing
- Explain positions logically and frankly
- Recognise legitimate concerns and needs of other side.
Broad Competencies Addressed
- Ability to assess one’s central negotiating style collaborate, compromise, defeat, withdraw or accommodate.
- Ability to assess one’s true power in any negotiation process
- Ability to concede without losing out
- Ability to employ any of the several tactics negotiators use and manage when any of the tactics are being tried by other parties
- Ability to assess a true crisis situation and not a contrived one, so as to employ the right crisis negotiating tactics at the right time
Venue: 5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.