Diploma in Management Development (DMD)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 04 - 02 Oct, 2015
5 months, 29 days
The main objective of the programme is to improve the managerial competence of the participants in order to enhance their productivity and thereby achieve their organisation’s goals and objective.
At the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the contemporary issues and practices of Modern Management
- Describe the new art of Managing People
- Develop requisite skills and attitudes required for effective acquisition
- Allocation and utilization of resources for the achievement of set goals
- Formulate strategies to cope with the dynamics and complexity of the work environment.
The programme will run for two (2) Semesters and covers the following:
- Management Functions, Tools and Techniques
- Economic and Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Sustainable Development
- Conduct of Government Business
- Individual Development Projects (IDPs).
Intending participants should be middle and senior level officers on salary GL.10 and above in the Public Service and their counterparts in Private Sector. Also, professional officers who occupy Supervisory and Managerial positions may also apply. Candidates are expected to possess any of the following academic qualification(s)
- Holders of First Degree or Higher National Diploma in Management
- Holders of First Degree or Higher National Diploma in disciplines other than management or in the alternative, possess suitable Professional Qualification
- Any other equivalent qualification acceptable to the Management of ASCON
Note: Sponsoring organizations are advised to pay the following to their nominees in line with their extant regulations
- Book Allowance
- Dissertation Allowance
- Field/Study Trip Allowance (Provision should be made for transportation an Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) as field trip could be taken in any part of the country).
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry