The broad objective of the course is to provide participants with necessary skills, techniques and tool for effective Project Management.
Specifically, the course will enable participants:
- Identify Factors that Impede Implementation of Projects
- Apply the Analytical Methods and Processes required for the Selection, Appraisal, Planning and Execution of Projects
- Acquire Skills in Monitoring Progress made on Projects as well as the Performance of Consultants and Sub-Contractors
- Acquire Appropriate Skills needed to Maintain Completed Projects
- Use Relevant Computer Software in Project Management.
- Overview of Project Management
- Project Formulation and Selection
- Project Feasibility Studies
- Project Appraisal Techniques
- Project Costing and Financing
- Project Network Analysis
- Project Staffing and Use of Consultants
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project Communication and Report Writing
- Contracts and Tendering Procedures
- Project Maintenance Management
- Software Application to Project Management
The Course is designed for Middle and Senior Officers on Grade Levels 08 - 12 who are responsible for selection, planning, implementation and maintenance of projects in both the public and private sector organisations.