The broad objective of the course is to equip managers in both the public and private sector organisations who are involved in the management of development programmes with requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes for effective monitoring and evaluation of programmes and projects.
The specific objectives are to enable participants:
- Analyse the National Development Objectives and the Programme Approach;
- Identify the Role of Monitoring and Evaluation in the Programme Cycle and how it can contribute to the achievement of National Development Objectives;
- Carry out Progress Review and compile Reports for Timely Decision-making; and
- Apply Appropriate Instruments and Procedures (Logical Framework etc) at Programme and Project Levels for Monitoring and Evaluating the Impact and Sustainability of Development Projects.
- Overview of Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E)
- Logical Framework Approach
- Developing an Overall M & E Strategy/Plan
- The Work Plan and its use for Monitoring
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Developing and Using Monitoring Indicators
- Reporting and Progress Review
- Using Evaluation Outcomes: Lessons Learned
- Impact and Sustainability Monitoring
- Computer Application to Monitoring and Evaluation
The workshop is designed to meet the needs of both public and private sector managers on Grade Levels 08 and above, who are involved in Programme/Project Management either as Implementers or as external and independent evaluators.