The objectives of the Workshop are to enable participants:
- Highlight Important Roles of Procurement and Materials Management in Public and Private Sector Organisations
- Identify the Range of Professional Skills in Contract Negotiation and Legal Framework in Procurement
- Familiarise themselves with Latest Developments in Materials Planning and Control
- Use Relevant Software in Handling Materials Information System.
- Materials Sourcing Strategies
- Specification and Quality Assurance
- Pricing and Payment Methods
- Statutory and Regulatory framework of Public Procurement
- Negotiation Skills in Public Procurement
- International Procurement
- Overview of Procurement Act 2007
- Materials Planning and Budgeting Control
- Ethics in Public Procurement
- Software Application to Materials Management
The Workshop is designed for Managers and officers responsible for procurement, stores and materials planning, Facility Managers and others whose duties relate to procurement and materials management.