The Workshop objectives are to enable participants:
- Examine the Basic Principles and Concepts in Public Sector Accounting
- Discuss the Procedures for Preparation of Transcripts and Financial Statements
- Highlight the Importance of Financial Information and how Timely Production of Financial Statements can enhance it
- Explain the Existing Government Financial Rules and Regulations and their Roles in Enhancing Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Nature of Government Public Sector
- The Roles of Offices of Accountants-General and Auditors-General
- Government Financial Rules and Regulations, Treasury manuals, etc
- Classification of Accounts
- Government Funds and Funds Accounting
- Preparation of Transcript and Financial Statements
- Financial Control in Government
- Financing Information System
- Use of Software for Preparation of Financial Statements
- Institutional Problems Affecting the Compilation of Financial Statements
NOTE: Participants are implored to bring along their Laptop for hands on experience for application of software.
The Workshop is designed for Accountants, Auditors, Accounting Technicians and Finance Officers, particularly those in Final Accounts Section of Ministries, Departments, and other government owned in Federal, State and Local Governments agencies.